Debby thought it would be apt to have a blog post on birthday. Although i usually find birthdays to be terribly emotional, sensitive areas in time, and told him as much, here’s an attempt at rationally fishing up some random thoughts and consequences of turning 24.
- I’ve lived for almost a quarter of a century.
- Dad says i ideally should have had a child by this time, by which he implies i should have gotten married two years back, according to Indian Traditional Time 😐
- While they say the 20s are a most turbulent time in any individual’s life, by this time, i seem to have realised that for the most part, i’m OK.
- OK with being alone, having just a few close but meaningful friends, not being 0 size, not being liked by that person that i really adore, with having been stabbed in the back, used and thrown away, because effectively, life is wonderful right now.
- I made some of the best decisions of my life yet in the past year – coming back to Delhi, coming to Jamia (thank you forever, Shishir 🙂 ) chief among them.
- I love the gifts i got – the flowers, cakes, chocolates, clothes, the modern lifestyle chart, the super awesome Green Jade perfume, the cool headphones – it’s been about all the things i love the most!
- The final flourish for this year would be a tattoo. I’d appreciate ideas. tops among choices right now are a cluster of shooting stars, a dragonfly, a snail, Goop-tah in chinese letters ( 😀 ) !
- There’s always many many things to look forward to. And among other philosophies of life, ‘things always have a way of working themselves out’ remains the most consolatory.
- I LOVE the people i love, even if i don’t manage to stay in touch with them. but the dilemma of the redundancy of some friendships surfaces. of course the bigger thing to do is keep loving them just for the sake of all that time you’ve spent together even though you know you’ve got nothing left to talk about. It’s not that easy though.
- Dance is my life. And words. Sheer happiness.
- The past year has also taught me the importance of laughter. Talking of happiness, and its many forms, this one especially deserves a mention for nothing makes the blues go away like a sharp joke and a loud rotfl!
And so, this year, you might want to wish me some stability, some peace, a little bit of actually growing up, lots and lots of laughter. I might want to wish me that. Cheers to world peace, i say. ;P